2017 Honda Pilot Touring
The 2017 Pilot is Honda's largest SUV in North America that seats up to 8 passengers.
Disclosure: Acura Canada provided us with the 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid for a week to test drive, and photograph.
280 HP @ 6000 | 262 lb-ft @ 4700
Transmissions varies based on the trim. It comes in either a 6 or 9 speed automatic.
6.7 seconds 0-60
- The wide tires and light chassis make it stop swiftly.
- Handles well but not that engaging.
- Softer and higher suspensions make it an option to do some off roading but the ride starts to feel a bit spongy.
(City/Highway/Comb) 6-speed (City/Highway/Comb)
19 / 27 / 22 FWD
18 / 26 / 21 AWD
20 / 27 / 23 FWD
19 / 26 / 22 AWD
CABIN NOISE: 8.75/10
- Muted with road, wind and engine noise
- Round curvy shape that is kinda mainstream looking and blends into the crowd.
INTERIOR FOR DRIVER: 9.5/10
- Driver's seat with 10-way power adjustment including lumbar support
- Button style shifter like the MDX
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Heated side mirrors make it great to weather the harsh elements.
- Dual stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS)
- SmartVent side airbags
- Three row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor system
- Next-Gen Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure
- 4 wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- Rain sensing windshielf wipers
- Auto-leveling front headlights
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) system
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor system
- Auto high beams
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) System
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) System
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System
- Front wipers de-icer heats up the windshield keeping wipers clear of ice and slush
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
INTERIOR FOR PASSENGERS: 8/10
- Passenger seat is 4 way axis controls. Lower end trims are manual controls
- Great amount of head and decent leg room in the 2nd row
- 2nd row has soft touch plastics
- Getting into the third row is easy with the one touch seat release button
- 3rd row is very tight on head and leg room. The seats are lower causing a lower person to have their legs at an angle.
- 3rd row is all hard touch plastics.
- Honda Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System with 9-inch display, integrated remote control and wireless headsets with personal surround sound.
- Panoramic moon roof let's in lots of light
INTERIOR STORAGE: 7.5/10
- Not a whole lot of space in the back but you can put down 1 of the rear seats or both to increase storage. The seats fold down by pulling on the strap on the back of the seat.
- You won't be transporting 8 people and 8 luggages anytime soon!
INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM: 8/10
- Easy to use and works well
- As smart as your phone. Equipped with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
OVERALL IMPRESSION OF THE 2017 Honda Pilot:
Honda's 17 Pilot reminds me a lot of the Acura's 17 MDX but a cheaper version. Come winter, windshield wipers can get icy, making it difficult to keep the windshield clear. The Pilot's front wiper de-ice heats up the bottom of the windshield to help keep its wipers clear of slush and ice. The heated side mirrors and available power folding mirrors are designed to conquer some of the harshest of elements, while fitting into some of the tightest of parking spots.