2017 Taste of Yaletown @ Hapa Izakaya
The Yaletown Business Improvement Association (YBIA) is proud to announce the 13th annual Taste of Yaletown (TOY), a popular community-based event that invites the public to try a variety of dishes from 26 premier restaurants throughout the neighbourhood. From October 11 to 27th, Vancouver’s top chefs will feature special 3-course meals themed around ‘pairings and sharings’. Restaurants will offer exclusive featured menus, innovative pairings, and special menus with set prices of $25, $35, and $45.
In celebration of all things food, a donation will be given to The Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Since the event began, Taste of Yaletown has proudly donated over $115,000 in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
Disclosure: We were invited to have a media preview at two restaurants that are participating in Taste of Yaletown. Service, food quality and portions could be boosted for media which is why I won't be reviewing till I return as a regular customer.
We got to check out the 3 course menu at Hapa Izakaya which is offering it for $25.
For more info as to which restaurants are offering tasting menus, check out their website.
1. Call and book your reservation from a participating restaurant
2. Enjoy your meal!
Diners have an option to choose from one of the three options below for their first course.
- Beef Tataki | lightly seared AAA beef, soy barbecue sauce
- Ahi Tuna Yukke | ahi tuna tartare, quail egg, pine nuts, shiso, crispy seaweed for wrapping
- Agebidashi Vegetables | eggplant, shishito peppers and daikon radish in a soy-mirin vegan dashi
Diners have an option to choose from one of the three options below for their second course.
- Chicken Nanban | fried chicken thigh, daikon tartar sauce
- Crispy Panko-Fried Scallops | fried scallops, jalapeno mango mayo, lotus root chips
- Foil Grilled Tofu & Mushrooms | marinated in vegan dashi with yuzu
Diners have an option to choose from one of the three options below for their third course.
- Hambagu Steak| ground AAA Angus beef, minced daikon, ponzu, shiso, garlic chips
- Aburi Saba Sushi | torched pressed mackerel sushi with sansho pepper
- Vegetable "Poke" Bowl | avocado, beets, butternut squash, inari tofu strips, sweet soy dressing, sushi rice