2017 Taste of Yaletown @ The Keg
The Yaletown Business Improvement Association (YBIA) is proud to announce the 13th annual Taste of Yaletown (TOY), a popular community-based event that invites the public to try a variety of dishes from 26 premier restaurants throughout the neighbourhood. From October 11 to 27th, Vancouver’s top chefs will feature special 3-course meals themed around ‘pairings and sharings’. Restaurants will offer exclusive featured menus, innovative pairings, and special menus with set prices of $25, $35, and $45.
In celebration of all things food, a donation will be given to The Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Since the event began, Taste of Yaletown has proudly donated over $115,000 in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
Disclosure: We were invited to have a media preview at two restaurants that are participating in Taste of Yaletown. Service, food quality and portions could be boosted for media which is why I won't be reviewing till I return as a regular customer.
We got to check out the 3 course menu at The Keg which is offering it for $45. The Keg needs no introduction. As usual, they offer a fairly consistent quality across their franchises for an affordable value.
For more info as to which restaurants are offering tasting menus, check out their website.
1. Call and book your reservation from a participating restaurant
2. Enjoy your meal!
Diners have an option to choose from one of the three options below for their appetiser course.
- Keg Caesar| romaine, aged Parmesan cheese, Keg creamy dressing
- Baked Garlic Shrimp | garlic, herbs, cheese
- Wild Mushroom Soup | cream based
Diners have an option to choose from one of the four options below for their main course.
- Sirloin Oscar (8oz) (GF) | shrimp, scallops, asparagus, Béarnaise sauce, baked potato
- Prime Rib (14oz) | horseradish, red wine herb jus, garlic mashed potato
- Peppercorn New York (12oz) | crusted striploin, whisky sauce, baked potato
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon (GF) | garlic mashed potato, bacon sautéed Brussels sprouts, maple butter
Diners have an option to choose from one of the three options below for their dessert course.
- Billy Miner Pie| mocha ice cream on a chocolate crust with hot fudge, caramel and almonds
- Cheesecake| thick and creamy, with a Bing cherry topping
- Spanish Coffee| brandy, dark cacao and coffee with whipped cream